Relationships Community
Teenage problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Teenage problems

ok so I'm a sophomore in high school, last year I met this girl and we started talking a lot but I still had a girlfriend at the time. it wasn't until this year when she told me how she really fealt and I told her the same, what I'm trying to figure out is, not to long after that she goes and gets a whole boyfriend. she still hadn't told me she has a boyfriend to this day. He's about 17 or 18 I think and he's in the military. my friends keeps on telling me on how she wants to marry him and stuff. I'm over it now, but I was wondering what should I do?
Hi there.  First, let me point out that we have teen forums here that you might find more people who can relate to you.  It's difficult to do that when you are an adult thinking back on those teen years and how it is so easy to get focused on the wrong things.

My best advice to you is to take your school work seriously. THAT is what these years are for.  And having fun with your friends.  This guy girl early teen romance is just a distraction from what you are supposed to be experiencing.  And DOING.  Liking this girl or not isn't going to get you into a decent college.  Your grades and activities and hard work in that area will.  And if you are not academically inclined, the other alternative is to think about trade school and what type of training you need to learn a skill that will support you into financial independence as you will be out of your parents house before you know it.

THAT is my advice.

I have no idea why a girl says she likes you but then has a boyfriend.  She may like to flirt. She may like the attention you give her.  She may like two (or more) guys at the same time.  Teens feel love very deeply but rarely is actually all that deep.  It's not like the kind of love a man and a woman have for each other that has grown and matured most of the time.  Crushes happen.  They are not to be taken super seriously.  

Focus on school.  good luck
I'm not sure why you ask "what you should do",  but since you're over her now and she has another boyfriend,  I'd say move on and avoid her in the future.