The butterflies have gone? :S
So I thought me and my boyfriend were going strong, I thought we were both happy and comfortable with each other,
until he dropped this bomb on me ' things just don't feel the same, I still want to be with you, but the butterflies just aren't there any more'  
I mean what are you supposed to do when your partner says that to you, I generally don't get butterflies either but is that just because Its turned from lust to a more comfortable love??
Well, yes.  As relationships mature-------  things get less 'exciting' and more 'comfortable' yet that comfortable is a great thing because it usually means you are more secure with one another.  

What worries me is if this is your boyfriend's way of saying that he misses that excitement.  Sure we all miss it but his telling you it is not the same, etc. might mean that he is thinking that he misses 'new' too much to deny he wants it.  Ya know what I'm saying?  He may be thinking about others even though he loves you because he wants that 'butterfly' feeling again.  Is this his precursor to telling you he wants to date others?  I'd want to know this.  

I do like that he is trying to talk to you about it.  For your young ages, that is quite mature.  So keep that communication going and try to work through it.  good luck