Relationships Community
The heart wants what it wants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

The heart wants what it wants

Hi everyone, I have been in a relationship for over 2 years now. My boyfriend is good to me but I dont see a future with him. I just dont feel like hes the one for me. I have told him this before and have tried to break up with him but he just thought I was just mad and didnt mean it. I do have love for him since hes good to me and does nice things for me but Im just bored with my relationship and I know Im not in love with him like I should be I should be wanting to marry him by now but I dont feel that way. I dont want to hurt him because I know hes a good man but I know I will eventually have to. Im scared of change I have gotten use to him being around and just have settled. Im also in love with someone I met about a year before I met my boyfriend. We we're suppose to be together a few years ago but he lives in another state so distance and lack of money got in the way. I tried to explain to my current boyfriend the situation before he got in a relationship with me and that I wasnt ready for a relationship because I was going to wait but he still stayed around trying to get me to be with him and my friend gave up over it and started dating another woman. After he started dating the other women thats when I got in a relationship with my boyfriend except my friends gf ended up cheating on him a few months later so they didnt last long. My friend and I have talked off and on since and get closer everytime. Even if we arent talking hes always in the back of my mind regardless. I really want to be with him but I know I would have to hurt my bf and Im scared of the distance I dont know how long it would take for him to be able to move here If I do decide to be with him. Our personalitys just click I feel like hes more of a match for me and he makes me happy I can see a future with him. Its been over 3 years we have both tried to move on but couldnt. Im just scared of taking a risk. I feel like Im stuck and dont know what to do.
Your BoyFriend deserves a committed Partner and apparently that isn't You.  I understand He will be hurt if You end the Relationship but He will be hurt in the long run anyway if You are not in love with Him.  You should end this Relationship and give Him the opportunity to meet SomeOne who will love Him as much in return.  I'm sure You are a very nice person, it's okay if You are not "in love" with Him but it's not okay if You stay when You are not in love with Him.  You both deserve a relationship that is "right" for BOTH of You.

Regards,
Tink
How old are you btw?  You sound extremely young and very confused.

You aren't stuck; you just need to make a decision and stick with it.

The heart might want what it wants, but what is really NEEDED here?

I would use rational thought here and not just go with your heart to figure this out.  I am not so sure this other guy you are pinning for will pan out.  Distance and money got in the way the first time, so you are pretty much repeating a pattern.  I surely wouldn't recommend moving to another state/city solely for a man.  Not ideal.

Don't keep stringing this other guy along just to have someone.  Break it completely off and DO NOT backpedal.  

If you want to pursue this other guy think LONG and HARD before uprooting your life where you are just to be with him.  You should have a plan B if things don't work out.  Make sure you are financially independent and are able to support yourself in this new town.  That will come in handy if things don't work out between you two.  Don't go there, move in and become dependent on him.  Tread lightly with this guy.
Hon...........I just read your profile.   Hmmm, you state this present bf is good to you and your son?  Why would you uproot yourself from this situation?  It sounds ideal.  I wouldn't recommend moving a child all over the place to be with another man because you are bored with the one you are with.

Sounds like you are just bored and are looking for excitement with this other guy.

THINK about your CHILD.  Plus, I would suggest you take a break from relationships and be by yourself for a while and focus on your child and you.

Are you independent?  Is this current bf taking care of you?
Curly, read MJOHANNA1204's post.  She uprooted herself for a man and now she sitting in trouble.