Relationships Community
Triggers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Triggers

Hey guys sorry I have been out of the loop. My daughter was in the hospital again( whole other story) but I have a question. Is it just me, or does this whole Tiger woods thing stir up feelings in any of you who have been in his wife's situation? I have been doing SO well. Or at least trying to. My husband said he is trying to forget the past and it drives him nuts when I bring it up so I just bite the bullet but this thing is really eating at me.In our last session the therapist pulled out a pencil, he asked me what was on the top of it. Of course I answered an eraser. He asked why. I said to erase mistakes. He said who ever invented it knew that there was a need for it. That mistakes would be made. you can cross them out but still have a mark that they are there or you can erase it and it is gone. So I realized he was telling me let it go. Could have been worse so on Sunday I went out and purchased two decorative erasers, that night gave one to my husband and one for myself. I was surprised when he teared up. I made a promise that I would no longer dwell on this situation but said If he ever did anything remotely like this again I was gone. But you can not turn on Tv, radio or look at a paper without the whole Tiger woods thing coming up. It has triggered so much emotion and distrust in me again. Yesterday my husbands supervisor called our house by accident meant to call his cell #. I was at work but my daughter took the call. She freaked out on the woman b/c she saw that it was her dad's work #. Knows this woman works there too, so when the sup. asked for Joe, Kate said why are you calling him. Don't ever call him again. The supervisor was so apologetic. Said who she was and had a blond moment and called the wrong #. My daughter felt so bad she called me crying. I realize this has effected her to. I think she see's me as weak because I am choosing to let it go.

I wish Tiger Woods would go away and never return...I'm not a woman but I can only imagine what a woman feels...I'd also like to know what Tiger's Father would have to say about all this..
I'm not sure for me if it triggers my own thoughts of what I went through but it makes me sad more than anything.  Makes me feel like there are no good men out there.  Sorry guys, I'm not saying there aren't, I'm just saying how I feel.  I certainly feel sorry for Tiger's wife and kids definitely but she's not alone to say the least.  She will get through it, either with him or without him.  I hope he's humiliated and well he should be, but he's just a long line of men and even women who have been caught committing adultry.  Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree Jim, his father probably did it to his mother.
I thought he was "squeeky" clean! Shocked to say the least and I feel sorry for his wife and his father is rolling in his grave! I also thought about all those people who have committed adultery or are committing adultery now and can actually see the dark side to adultery and the back lash. I always advise the adultery is poison to the very core or foundation of the family unit and let this be an example of the negative side of adultery. I feel the media is using him as a perfect example that even the most upright, perfect man as I thought of Tiger Wood is not perfect and is an opportunist and this time thought with the wrong head. I bet it brings back a lot of hurtful memories for women who have experience infideltiy. What is shocking about Tiger is that we still haven't heard of all the women he has slept with. It's not over, until it is over.....Judy