Aa
A
A
Close
266539 tn?1281405752
True Love
I was just wondering what you all thought about love.  I was having a conversation with a friend tonight and I think that in life you only have one true love and for those who marry more than once it just means that their first marriage wasn't with their "true" love.  I also feel that your true love should be your soul mate and your best friend.  I was just wondering what other peoples views on this subject are.  I find it very interesting what everyone things about love and marriage.
Cancel
9 Answers
Page 1 of 1
146191 tn?1236881412
who knows...

did you ever see the movie wedding crasers? i know its corny, but they say in that movie, "true love is the soul's recognition of its counter-part in another". i think there is some truth there.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
184674 tn?1360864093
I believe people are capable of falling in true love more than once. Some people only fall in love once, and others more than once. It just depends on the situation. However, I think it's definitely more common to only experience just one true love in a lifetime.
But for example, what if a couple marries young, and they are genuinely in love, and they are married for say, 10 years. Then one of them dies. Eventually, say another 10 years down the road, the widowed spouse finds another person, falls in love again and remarries, and the marriage then lasts until the couple dies of old age.
I believe both of those cases were true love, they just happened at different times. And obviously, that was only one example.
As for marriage, I believe that it's a lifelong promise to your partner, and should not be taken lightly. I think it shouldn't be so easy for people to get married nowadays.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
having been married twice, and having several loves i have to say there are more possibities of love than just one.  what i now know is marriage is hard work.  when you dont work at it , it fails and its easy to say it wasnt your true love, when really you just werent putting your all into it.  i know you have had lots of things going on in your life the past year, and maybe right now isnt the best time to get married, maybe it is.  just make sure you are truely ready to put the time in and effort to make it work.  yes marriage does change a relationship.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I agree with pertykitty about love and marriage.  Very wise post.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I agree completely with you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
100019 tn?1335923317
The term soul mate is used a lot by abusive men and con artists early on in a relationship when they are courting you.

Beware of the word and look at the actions of people you are involved with.

Love is a commitment - lust is a feeling.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
there are different kinds of love No 1 your one true love but if you should lose that one true love there can be a 2nd   love it might not be the torrid soul mate thing you had with the first one but it can be love and a understaning of each other a relation ship where both of you can be happy with each other i do not beleive one should spend their life alone when i say 2nd love i mean if your one real love has passed on    luck  jo

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
266539 tn?1281405752
I totally agree with you when you said that you should be thinking of what you can do to make your partner happy everyday and I totally agree.  Just the little things make everyday so much more worth it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Relationships Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank