Relationships Community
Want to marry my first cousin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Want to marry my first cousin

Hi All,

Its my first time to a forum like this.

I am in a relationship with my first cousin (he is my dad's elder brother son) for the last ten years and we plan to get married soon, we have an age difference of 10 Years.

My query is will i be able to conceive and have normal babies. Do we need to consult a doctor and get a blood test done, the only problem is he is based in Canada and i am in UAE.

Please Advice - Ours would be the first cousin marriage in the family.
Hm.  I really don't know about the issue of children.  Your ob/gyn would be the best person to discuss this with.  I'd call the office as they often have nurses or staff that can answer a question or ask it on your next well visit.  

So, your best bet is to ask your doctor.  good luck
Why not see a doc just to be sure all is ok?lily
Talk to a doctor, but my cousin and I are expecting and we were told risks are much lower than what society tells you they arw