Relationships Community
What to do?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

What to do?

I`ve been in a relationship for almost 5 years with the same man. Within the first 4 years of our relationship, it was a struggle on my part due to the fact that women thrill him. He enjoys talking sexually with woman of all standards. It took months before I became aware of it all. I never felt like I was good enough since it was more trying to make him love me. We separated in February but kept in touch daily. In September we recently have gotten back together and I ask only that he be faithful and cut the crap with the other gals and now we are landed to him thinking I control him. He believes he should be able to talk to who he wants when he sees fit. He tells me i`m annoying and that hes tired of me at least once a day. 3 months later and we`re back to square one. He tells me to go back home and it`s starting to hurt. He breaks my heart at least 3 times a wekk. What do I do? Leave him and forget we ever shared something together since I am not able to get through to him by talking? Or do I keep holding onto something I have little faith in being real? .I`m tired of hoping and praying he will come home from work and sweep me off my feet. He has the potential of being a good man but wants to be who he is.
Hi there and welcome to med help!  Well, I'm going to be frank with you.  Why would you want to stay with someone that 'breaks your heart at least three times a week"?  

If he is disrespectful and can not control himself and seeks a sexual high from talking with other women in this way, he's not relationship material.  In all honesty, I'd have moved on 4 years ago sweetie.  

I'm a married woman at this point to a good, solid man that understands that I come first and other women are not worth upsetting me over.  By that  I mean, even the obnoxious stare that many men do.  He tones that down because he wouldn't want to disrespect me. And most men do get this as they mature.  However, your guy is 10 steps beyond that,

And I contend that the longer you are with him, the longer you keep yourself from being with a partner that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.  

I don't think what he is doing is harmless.  You've expressed how it hurts you and he still will not stop.  He's been doing it so long now that maybe he can not stop.   And you do not want to live like this.  Always looking over your shoulder and feeling like you are sharing your man with any woman that walks by.  That is so terribly humiliating and degrading.  I'd leave him sweetie.  The choice is yours, but you know that if you accept this now and don't leave----  you can't be upset that he does this for the duration of your relationship.  good luck
You said it YourSelf when You asked "Do I keep holding on to something I have little faith in being real?"  You've had 5 years!!  How much longer do You need??

I agree with SpecialMom!!
Yes, agree with tinkerbell, what are you waiting for?  A better situation than this awaits you!