Why am I having a hard time getting aroused by my girlfriend's sexual advances? Nothing's working...
Hi. My girlfriend and I are in a bit of a pickle, except not really. You see, I have no problem making advances toward her and maintaining my being aroused. The problem is that when she makes sexual advances toward me, I get almost completely turned off, and sometimes even upset. I have bipolar disorder and I'm wondering if that may have something to do with my problem, but I don't know. Is there anything that can explain why I can't get turned on by my girlfriend?
It could be the bipolar or maybe your not attracted to her sexually.It might be the way she is approaching you that is turning you off.If this is causing a problem in your relationship then why don,t you just set a certain time aside when you both agree to be intimate and take it from there.Just a suggestion.All the best.
I hate to say this but it may be possible that you don't care as much for her as you thought you did.i don't think it's the bipolar. I think it's deep inside you. I found out many years ago that if I didn't care enough for the person I was with and therefore I couldn't get sexully aroused. but then again I may be wrong. it might be a good idea to separate for awhile and see how you feel with her abcents