Relationships Community
Why do musicians - specially rock stars- cheat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

hi, thank you for reading..
ok so i know men and women both cheat regardless of their profession
but,
i see that a lot of rock stars cheat.(when i say "i see" i don't mean i saw with my own eyes but i read news etc)

why is that? why do they cheat? is it coz they cant handle temptation? is it coz they feel important and it ups their ego when they have women offering sex to them?

my friend is thinking about saying yes to a proposal by a touring musician, she asked me this and i didnt know the answer too.

i just dont understand
help?

thank you :)
i dont know for a fact, but i got my money on number 2.
Number 2 for me too. I mean think about it, they have people throwing their underware at them and begging for it. Any red blooded person would be tempted. They can pick n choose what they want whenever they want.
Think about it, your away from home with hundreds and thousands of fans screaming for you. So your ego gets inflated and you feel like you can do anything you want and should do anything you want. Then you mix in booze and maybe even drugs so that hinders decision making ability. Then you mix in beautiful women. So you mix everything together and you have a huge ego with the possibility of substances and women all thrown at you and being away from home for months and months at a time. You do whatever you want to do. Now this is not the rule for everyone but this would be the whole situation why someone like that would cheat.
i dont know about rock stars i would say that the footballers of today at at it more,regardless of who they are they risk losing it all whatever there reasons just ask ashley cole.
I don't think it matters much what a person is, I think cheating happens regardless.  However, there are some professions that make it easier and that's when women are throwing themselves at their feet and doing whatever it takes to be the next girl that banged a rockstar.
Availability------  most other jobs do not have scantily clad women who you are trying to get the attention of while entertaining.  Often the atmosphere . . . many musicians play to a crowd that is working on being intoxicated and they are themselves . . . so they also lose their sense of judgment.  They also feel invincible and as if nothing can happen to them.  I also think musicians walk a fine line with fans when they are trying to "make it".  They WANT lots of women to throw themselves at them and frankly to come to their shows so that other guys will come to the shows because of the hot girls.  The music helps and all but a lot of it is about the "scene".  

Do I send like an expert?  Ha.  Spent a few years as a rock musicians girlfriend.  
Yeah I think that most rock stars have a bit of egomania, and they get such a high from women throwing themselves at them that I think they can rationalize the behavior. My husband is a rock singer/guitar player and he was in a pretty successful band when I met him, and his band eventually took me on as a back-up singer....I loved it for awhile, but I couldn't handle the fawning and adoration of every single girl that heard him sing...luckily, my husband was the one who decided to give it up and settle down to start a family. Thank God because I couldn't have handled that lifestyle anymore, lol. there was a lot of drinking, smoking, and girls hanging all over my boyfriend and guys giving me their number and asking for mine (despite the fact that my then-boyfriend and I always hung all over each other)....not at ALL a good start for a relationship. I'm not a cheater but I think that if I had continued in that life after awhile my head would've swelled enough to kill my rational brain...and I don't see how my husband and I could've stayed together, much less loyal. I think it's all a part of the lifestyle.
do you think someone will be strong enough to be faithful among all these oppertunities?
...only if that "someone" wants to be faithful.
My husband is a musician, and he has NEVER cheated on me. I think the reason why it seems like they cheat might have something to do with how  public a lot of their lives are.
We don't hear a lot about average hors cheating. Food for though I guess.  
I think it's many factors. They are young, opportunities come very easy. Women come easy. There is something about being a rock musician that is appealing and luring and they can pick and choose as they wish, it comes with the turf. The fast pace lifestyle makes it attractive. Not all rock star cheat, but it's a personal choice it that is the lifestyle they want to life. It's the person's decision on what lifestyle he want to follow.
I met a bass player by the name of ****** from New Orleans. He approached me at the airport saying I was gorgeous and he wanted to get to know me and we were on the same flight from Australia to the US. The funny thing was when he approached me he just finished spending time with his australian girlfriend for a few months (he was doing some bass guitar work with her) and then heading home to his wife and kids (when we got talking he told me he was single but had 2 children, later I found out he had 6 kids plus 2 kids under the age of 3) I said to him I dont want to know you, I know what musicians are like, but he weaved and created this story that he hated cheaters and he went to church. It was all bullsh*t when I look back on it. His wife some how found me on facebook and she went psycho. I then found ot he had his gf in Australia plus women in Turkey, Italy and Paris. lol.