Relationships Community
Would like some opinions.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Would like some opinions.

Hello ladies.  I just had a little question.  I am wanting to get a small tattoo in rememberance of the baby that I lost.  I know for sure that I want 2 baby footprints off setting each other and I was going to do one blue and one pink but I honestly think that my baby was a girl.  I have since day one and we named her and talk about us having a daughter, but obviously don't know for sure.  Should I go ahead with blue and pink or I was also thinking just black and gray...  My boyfriend is getting baby hands and I think he is leaning more towards a pink and blue but I'm not sure.  Just would like someones opinion.  I really am not a fan of tattoos but I have seen two done in rememberance and they are so beautiful.  Each foot will be not any bigger than 2 inches long and an inch or so wide.  Any opinions would be great.
heres the thing though that you need to think about before you do this.  when you do have kids, won't they wonder why you do have a tattoo about them?  Just thinking ahead.
Do them in purple, that is a color that could be boy or girl.
Yeah...  I think that for me, I would want my kids to understand that I have a tattoo for this baby because it wasn't able to be here with us and so I wanted something to make me feel like she was with us and that I have them with me everyday.  I don't know, I thought about that too.  The thing is that in my heart I'm like 99% sure it was a girl, from day one but since we didn't know for sure and if it really as a boy that it would think I didn't love him or that I wasn't okay with a boy, does that make sense?
i have tattoos myself and i have four of them. my friend lost her son when he was 4 months old and she did a red heart on her lowerback with footprints inside and wings around the heart and his name which was kacee.below it. she has room next to his name for her other children it was really nice. it was her way of saying shes got an angel with her at all times. if i were you id leave it in black and gray being you dont no for sure what the baby was. or do the blue and pink that sounds good to but the pink wont stand out that much unless its bright pink.. money wise colors will cost you more...where did you plan on putting it?
ksanden
I have a tattoo on my back shoulderblade on the left.  A small purple rose.  I forget it is even there until my daughters point it out to me.  That use to be what everyone was getting 8-10 years ago.  i remember I went to Nashville, TN with a friend when I was 21 and got it.  She got a big ugly thing.
I want to put it on my right sholder blade(probably a really painful place).  I am as white as it gets, lol, so I think that even a light yellow would stand out! lol.  My boyfriend wants blue and pink and we are going together to get it so I think I may go with him and do the same.  I just asked my boyfriend if he thinks that our other kids would feel left out and he said that once we explain to them what happened they wont feel left out.  I think one day I will get another tattoo on my foot, one tiny, tiny flower for every kid I have.  I'm a wuss when it comes to pain and I am afraid I will cry.  ksanden~ did your tattoos hurt and if you don't mind me asking... where are they?
i have a butterfly mask on my shoulderblades and on my right hip i have a clover that says lucky and on my left arm i have a barbwire and above it i have a time capsul meaning time will never run out me and my bestfriend did it when we were really young and dumb it was a friendship thing but shes dead now so it means the word to me...
ksanden
yes they hurt.. but i love pain... sounds werid but i do. i got crazy with pericings i got everything pieced but my bottom area we wont ttalk about that lol. but i took them out about 2 yrs ago. and now just have my tounge ring.. so im a bad person to really ask that question because i enjoy pain..  but some places hurt and others tickeled. the one on my right hip hurt.. indetween my shoulderblades tickeled in lots of places and hurt in others..
Aww... did the one on your shoulder blade hurt, either of you???  I'm afraid that because it is all boney that it will hurt so bad.  My boyfriend wants his on the middle of his upper back I think, and originally I wanted it on my foot but my boyfriend doesn't like tattoos on legs.
my friend has one on her foot and she said it hurt really bad. on your shoulderblade i dont no if it would but mine is in the middle and it hurt when it got closer to the blade.. so i would think that it woudl
ksanden
That is what I'm worried about!  I am such a wuss so...  I would do it there or in the middle of my lower back and I'm afraid that it will "expand" more when pregnant than my shoulder blade.  A friend of mine got a tattoo on her foot and said it didn't hurt until they started getting closer to the top of her foot.
mine never did...expand while being pregnant i had 2 of them and they are still go to go...
ksanden
How bad do tattoos really hurt, like what is the pain equivalent to?
anywhere to a 4-7 depends on the person and at times a 1 because its just a tickel...
ksanden
MY TATOO DIDN"T TICKLE!!!!!!!! hehe
It didn't hurt though but I gotta say it was a little uncomfortable.
K1190~ Sorry about your loss

I think its so important in healing to memorialize loss.

I think bl/white/grey for purposes of memorial/tribute is the way to go.
Maybe later when you have girls/boys then you could add little pink/blue feet next to the blk/white ones.

As far as pain goes...Its very annoying like if you were to .scratch/pinch yourself over and over and over again in the same spot!  Its not real painful but, annoying, then it goes numb !

Well let us know what you decide and maybe take a pic to put on profile so we can all see!