Relationships Community
artificial Hymen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

artificial Hymen

one of my friend is getting married very soon but the problem is she is not virgin from she lost her virginity 3 years bk n she is continous intercourse with her boy friend but nw she is getting married with some one else (arranged) so she is worried that her husband wil get to know about her non virginty so some one suggest her to use artificial hymen on first night with her husband. i wanna to ask is that safe to use or actually its useful plz revert back its really urgent.
Never have heard of this.  I'm sorry that she would have to worry about keeping her 'real' life a secret.  

What would happen if her new husband found out she'd been intimate with a boyfriend?
I've never heard of it either, but the fact of the matter is girl's hymens break when they're little these days without sexual activity.  It's just a matter of girls being much more active than they used to be.  Having a hymen or not having a hymen is NOT an indicator of a girl's virginity.  She could claim to be a virgin if she wanted, and he could have no knowledge or proof otherwise, though I wouldn't recommend starting a marriage on a lie.

And how is he to know what it's supposed to feel like unless he has had sex himself?  Double standard if he asks because he's had sex with a virgin who had a hymen, she tells him, and he gets mad.
I think they're safe to use,  but they're a little tricky because the plastic part doesn't always dissolve really quickly and what would the guy think if he finds something that looks like saran wrap during the event?

This is probably a different culture as it's an arranged marriage.  In some cultures there could be serious problems for Her if She doesn't present as a virgin.  I've never heard of an artificial hymen either but I have heard of a hymen being given as a surgical proceedure - but that seems drastic.
Something to think about.  I know the importance in some cultures of a woman being a virgin until marriage.  I also know that in some of these same cultures, there can be some serious consequences for a woman if she is found to be (or assumed to have been) sexually active before marriage.  I can only guess that if a woman is caught trying to deceive her new husband with an artificial hymen, things could get ugly for her.  For that reason, I wouldn't recommend lying.

Like another poster mentioned, a non intact hymen is NOT always an indication of sexual activity.,  They can rupture for all kinds of reasons.  Hopefully, this woman can explain that to her husband to be.  If she IS indeed not a virgin, I wouldn't recommend her lying about that to be able to enter into an arranged marriage where that is a very critical factor in the proces of choosing a wife.
Well.....this exist, the artificial hymen, but I sure wouldn't recommend trying to deceive someone as this plan could fall apart as the artifical hymen could malfunction, fall out of the vagina, etc.  

I am not sure what the repercussions are in regards to this kind of deceit in your culture.  I do know it can be pretty extreme in some cultures especially deceit in regards to these arranged marriages, however, if she confesses she isn't a virgin things could be just as bad or ugly.

Special moms point about what would happen if the arranged husband knows she is not a virgin. What would happen to her?