Relationships Community
cant get over

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

cant get over

I cant belive that my relationship is over just because of the silly reason that we didn't spend time togther. The thought kills me inside and makes me wanna run back to him. He already told me that his feelings are dead yet i think the relationship is possible. What do I do with this feeling?
Hi there and welcome.  I'm sorry you are sad and have that desperate feeling that comes after a break up.  Please believe me that this goes away.  It is not a silly reason that you broke up due to lack of time together.  In fact, when you described your relationship, I was really struggling with how you described it.  How many times have you actually seen him in person?  It sounded like very very few.  That means that things were never based on what typically actually BUILDS a relationship.  Spending time together is an essential part of getting to know someone and building something with them like a relationship.  

He's said he has no feelings for you, that they are dead. There is no where to go with that.

I really really want you to explore who you are and what you have to offer someone.  It is a LOT more than just text messaging.  Spend some time healing and then try to meet people that live close to you that you can do things with.  If that seems too scary----  then I'm going to suggest you speak to a therapist to sort that out.  good luck dear and again, sorry your hurting.  peace
I'm confused. If your relationship was only online then how can you go "running back" to him? And if he tells you his feelings for you are gone, then what's left to run back to anyway?

It's hard for me to understand girls who feel the need to bash guys over the head to force them to stay in a relationship. Why do you want to be with someone that doesn't want you? Why would anyone want that? It never makes any sense to me and I wish that you and all the other girls who keep making this same mistake could see how ridiculous it is.

Personally I would much rather be alone than to be stuck with someone who I had to force him to be with me. That's not a relationship, that's just basically keeping a hostage for nothing. Why anyone would voluntarily keep chasing someone who has come right out and said they are not interested doesn't make any sense to me at all. Why waste your time on someone who told you that you're dead to him?