cheating dreams
I have been with my boyfriend for a year and 7 months and we are expecting a baby boy being induced this wednesday! But to the point ive bee. Having these very vivid dreams of him cheating on me. He has never cheated on me before but recently he did lie to me about getting together with his brothers and they invited other girls to hang out there and of course me being 38 weeks pregnant at the time i was at home sleeping he swore up and down nothing happened and i believe him hes never given me a reason not to. But ever since then ive been getting these dreams he cheated and i wake up and they feel so real.ehat do these mean? I really want them to stop :(
Hello. My name is Rose. I'm no expert but usually when something weighs heavily within our subconscious we tend to dream about it.
Hi there. Well, it's just a dream and only a dream.  I had some awful and horrible (remember to this day) nightmares when pregnant and lots of them in the end of the pregnancy.  You are a bit anxious naturally as you are about to give birth and that mixes with your dreams.  

I really don't think dreams have to have anything at all to do with our subconsious although they occasionally do.  Often they are just surface thoughts.  If you watched a tv show and someone cheated, read a book, heard a story----   then perhaps later, it transfers to your dream.  Not something to worry about.  Before bed, read and watch happy things.

Around the time of my first pregnancy, a child had died from being left in a hot car.  Guess what I dreamed?  Awful.  But purely related to having watched the news.  

so, try not to worry about this at all.  Lots of luck with the induction!!!
Hi and welcome. Dream experts would say your having these dreams in REM sleep, which is deep sleep where you body has been naturally paralized so you wont get up and run around the house. They discovered there are 2 types of sleep, light sleep, and in light sleep all  dreams are of happy nature. In REM sleep the dreams are of the disturbing nature.
The reason for REM dreams as allows us to live out our deep subconscious  concerns and fears without real life consequences. One way to make them stop is to bring these concerns out in the open in a conscious state. Maybe talk to your boyfriend about your fears.
Ugh, actually most people that remember dreams do so outside of REM sleep. That's why you can remember them.  
Well, let me expand on that.  In REM sleep, if you are woken up during it, you will remember your dreams.  So above, I mean that people are often on the ends of REM sleep-- early into it or at the end.  

Many times dreams are just what you heard or read during the day incororated into your own life.  
Your point about not remembering the REM dream was also key to the researchers. There is very strong evidence in studying those with depression and anxiety that their REM sleep lasted longer than others and more striking they had more REM sleep episodes than others. Going along with your mentioning "not remembering" that these absolute horrors and fears from the REM dreams lie in the subconscious and eat at us. I found this very interesting as viewing posts in both those forums most posters are at their wits end about why the feel this way. Most are treated  but the researchers are thinking more along the lines of sleep aids instead of the usual depression and anxiety medications.