Relationships Community
classic question...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

classic question...

is it possible to love two persons at the same time?
thnx.. but odds are still odds, ryt? actually,i never thought about that until i went through a situation.. at this point, i could only wait for fate to answer my question...
Ummm, some better advice might be yes, it is possible. Though I could be mistaken, you're asking about *love* of a more intimate nature than that of some old pervert lusting for his concubines (just my opinion - who needs ~300 wives plus concubines on top of that??).

Some people leave old flames behind that they never forget, even after they've "moved on" so to speak. Some people can't decide, especially when presented with two awesome people. Yes, it's possible, but for a better answer, you may want to elaborate on your situation.
i think it is possible to love more than one person, but to be totally in love with someone i believe it takes commitment to that person. because when you hurt one person with the love you have for another, would you call that true love? i would not believe my husband was truly in love with me if he was in love with someone else.

a great book i love to read says:
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

YOU KNOW LOVE IS THE BROADEST, DEEPEST, MOST ABSTRACT, INTANGIBLE AND COMPLEX CREATION THAT HAS EVER PENETRATED THE HUMAN HEART, PROBABLY BECAUSE IT IS ALSO THE FORCE THAT FUELS US TO LIVE AND NOT JUST EXIST.

THE STAGES OF LOVE DEVELOP THRU TIME, MAY IT BE PLATONIC OR ROMANTIC ESPECIALLY THE LATTER, IT BEING MOSTLY MISTAKEN FROM INFATUATION, FONDNESS THAT GROWS FOR A TIME ONLY, EPHEMERAL AS SOME PUT IT.  

HONESTLY I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION.  IT'S EASY ACTUALLY BUT THE DEPTH OF FEELING CANNOT BE GRASPED NOR FATHOMED BY ANY WORDS EVEN THE BEST WRITER OR POET CAN EVER WEAVE.  OF COURSE WE CAN LOVE MANY PERSONS SIMULTANEOUSLY.  IT'S IN THE LEVEL OF THE SAME THAT THINGS VARY, IF YOU GET WHAT I MEAN.

DISCERN THINGS. AS MENTIONED ABOVE, PERHAPS YOU WERE JUST MISTAKEN OR CONFUSED BETWEEN LOVE AND INFATUATION.  INFATUATION COMES ONLY LIKE A RAY OF LIGHT IN THE MORNING, BUT LOVE REMAINS EVEN WHEN THE SUN STARTS TO SET AND STARS FAIL TO TWINKLE.

LOVE SEES THRU FORMS AND THRIVES BEST IN SUBSTANCE
People spend a lifetime looking for love, wanting it, needing it, seeking it, and most of the time they don't find it.  But once in a while, once in a great while, it comes to you, it throws itself in your lap, pounds on your door, and says "Here I am, take me, I'm yours." When it comes, how can you turn away from it?  How can you say, "Not now, maybe later"?  How can you take that chance, knowing that the opportunity may never come again?  Sometimes taking that opportunity is a luxury; a luxury one can't afford
Love indeed presents complicated situation that no one would understand.  I maybe in love with two persons at the same time and at a different level, and I may know that one is just an infatuation, the other has endured many years, but still I choose to dwell on both.  Not really dwell, but it leaves my heart no choice at this time.  No choice, because my feelings has led me to do things that I believe is not right but feels so right everytime.  They say that sometimes having a little bit of everything, would leave you with nothing.  I used to define love as a wonderful and happy experience, but now love can never really be defined.  Love should be experienced in order to find its true meaning but then it takes a lot of time to realize its essence.  Some say that loving takes only oneself, some would say that it needs to be reciprocated.  Therefore, love is really subjective or much better need not be defined for reasons that you can never expect what love will make you or what love can do.  Right now, I am just holding on to whatever situation I am in.  Taking a big risk is not yet needed but if that time will come, I hope that I would be able to make the right decision.
It's possible but unless you live in an Islamic Country or are fundamentalist Mormon or live on some island it's more likely that you will have a nervous breakdown, than it is that you will be able to make it work.
Love is a very strong and powerful word... And to be in love with two people at the same time, well, it may not be love... It may just be that you have an inphatuation with one of the people... It may be but for the most part, its up to you to figure out... Ask yourself, would I do anything, or give anything for this person? What if they gained weight? What if they went through some mental illness? If you answer those thruthfully, and they're yes for both people then you may be in love... Just be careful how you throw around that word. =]
This post is from 2007, I doubt the OP will come back and read it.