does he love me?
ok i started going out with this guy in april and we were together for 5 months. in aug. i moved to a town about an hour away from him to go to college. during the 5 months we fell in love and he always told me "i love you". well we were broken up for 2 months and during that time we talked occasionally(mostly text messages). towards the end of oct. we got back together but he doesnt tell me he loves me. i love him very much but i feel that i can't tell him because i dont know what he will say. i only get to see him on weekends but we talk everyday. ugh im just scared he doesnt have as strong feelings as before.

what your advise or thoughts????
Well i think ye would'nt a have got back together again if he did'nt love you, then again saying the word i love you after five months is quite a short time, so maybe he is just waiting for the right time and place to tell you, i would'nt worry so much about it, because at least ye are back together now, you should be aiming on making it work and making your relationship fun with him instead of worrying about words, does he show you that he loves you? even though he does'nt say it?
how would he show that he loves me?
we were together for 5 months then broke up for 2 and now back together. but i've know him for more than a year prior to the relationship
if he loved you - you would know it.
listen to your gut feeling.  I think this is more than him telling you he loves - it is showing you that he loves you too.
"get drunk, have sex and then talk..."??!!!  How about talk first and wait for the drinking and sex until the relationship is on solid ground?  Good grief!
Because he would show you love in so many different ways, like always being there for you, sex isnt an issue, that kinda thing, if i was you id enjoy what you have now and forget about words just go by showing each other, you have all the time in the world for words...trust me i do know at the moment im meeting some one and i don't even know where i stand with him, i got great advice from people on this so im just going to go with the flow see what happens and i aint going to do no more thinking, the more you think it always ends wrong or bably because you read to much into it i think anyway.........
I have to agree with girliegrl1723, if he loved you, you wouldn't be asking this question.  
blondie111, who initiated the breakup? Was it mutual? Was it you?

Breaking up and getting back together makes relationships more tricky sometimes. It sounds safe to say that your boyfriend must care about you if you're back together. However, for whatever reason, if you two were willing to walk away from each other before (relatively easily, it sounds like), then what's to stop that from happening again? Clearly when he told you he loved you, it didn't keep you two together. So now it sounds like he's being a lot more reserved, probably waiting to see what happens, waiting to see if he can trust you again. "I love you" is a strong thing to say to another person - it's not just going to be tossed around lightly.

You're right - because he's shut off now, his feelings might not be as strong as before. That's something you two will need to work on. You need to rebuild that confidence in each other, and hopefully your boyfriend will be able to get past his emotional block. Good luck!