Relationships Community
feeling sexually inadequate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

feeling sexually inadequate

Hi there everyone i have been in a relationship with my girlfreind now for 8 years we used to have a fantastic sex life up until 5 years ago we are both young still at 28 i was a virgin up until i met her i was 20 when i met her i had major hang ups about sex and all my mates thought i had a really healthy sex life and she had had a really healthy sex life with many partners i didnt tell her she was my first and led her to believe i had been about a bit and had tryed most things the same as her she told me things that she had done and tryed and how she felt while trying enjoyed it but now i have told her the truth and she just doesnt seem keen on sex with me let alone trying new things when i said about it she said but i have done it already i feel like i cant match upto her previos experiance i know this is my problem but can anyone suggest ways to deal with how im feeling
I think your girlfriend is being a little insensitive here.  So what if she's done it before.  It wasn't with you.  That is completely selfish if she won't try the things you are asking with you just because she did it before.  Tell her how it makes you feel and tell her that you would really appreciate it if she could contribute some of her own ideas on how to spice up your sex life.  It can't only come from you, if she's done all of these things already then she should talk to you about trying things that she's never done.  But you need to communicate with her on how you're feeling.
I'm surprised that she isn't "keen" on teaching you everything that she knows.

Anyway, maybe, her seemingly lack of interest in having sex with you... isn't
about you and your inexperience, at all. Maybe, your girlfriend now feels uncomfortable with this revelation about yourself; and she is reflecting upon her
own sexual past which, when compared to yours, might be perceived as,
... promiscuous?

I think that you would both do well to discuss your thoughts and feelings.

I'm in a similar situation.  I had slept with one girl before I met the girl I'm with.  My girlfriend tells me things like she went throw having sex drive like mine in her teens but no longer does. Her saying that makes me feel a lot of things; none of them good.  In some ways she is unenthused about sex because she had been vary sexually active in the past. Some times she makes it out to be that my performance in bed is lacking because she can't get turned on; never cruelly or outright.  I see that issue as a result of her past more then mine. I cant expect her to say I have had a lot of sex and its difficult for me to feel from it what I used to. I have found, short of ex-sighting her, there is nothing I can do to change things.  With my girlfriend it's really her sex drive not my experience and I have to remember that.  I don't know if any of this even reflects your situation.  I hope things work out for you