Relationships Community
how am i going to tell my boyfriend i am pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

we actually stopped talking 3 weeks ago and last thursday i found out im 6 weeks pregnant. im worried he wont want to do anything with the baby. and im not intrested in having an abortion, how am i going to say i am pregnant with his  child? it will be tought being a single parent at age 23..
Tags: break up, having a baby
you have to tell him and give a choice to be there for his child but even if he doesn't you did the right thing for your baby and he still has to pay to help you raise your baby even if he doesn't want to be involved i would say just don't be confrontational just let him know that your pregnant and your keeping your baby and give him time or don't let his reaction affect you because it might get messy congrats on your baby and being a single mom will be tough but there nothing better than being a mother
As far as telling him...I wouldn't rush into it...

I've been there and it isn't easy. My daughter will be 21 in a few weeks. I was 19 when I became pregnant with her and her father and I had split up (we had been living together and I had moved out). I didn't tell him right away...until I had considered what I wanted to do, without regard to whether he wanted to be involved or not. (one thing I strongly recommend is please DO NOT get married to him...there are reasons it wasn't working and a baby and marriage will NOT fix it)

First, realize that it doesn't matter whether he wants to be in this baby's life. He is legally and morally obligated to support his child. If he wants to be involved with his child, it doesn't mean he wants or needs to resume a relationship with you. It is best to work together to agree on visitation but there are mediators available if needed.

He will be expected to pay child support. If you live in the U.S. there are free state agencies that establish paternity and get and enforce court orders for child support. DO NOT pay someone to do this (there are a lot of companies out there that charge for a service you can get for free). Contact your local Department of Human (of Social) Services for a referral.

Being a single parent isn't easy but it can be done...and if you and the baby's father can develop an amicable and cooperative relationship, your baby will benefit.
Just remember, it takes two to get in the position you're in - and he's the other person responsible!

Yes, he's going to get a shock when you tell him - but I'm sure you did too when you saw that positive.... Where you using reliable birth control?

Christine gives very good insight when she says that if it already wasn't working with him - marriage and a baby will not fix it..... and very good other solid advise re.your legal rights.

Best wishes - as I'm sure you realise this is the ultimate life changing thing that could happen at your age. Do you have good family support?
Thanks yall for all your input it means a lot. I plan on telling him to come over and i have several hpt and im gonna lay it out in the bathroom and tell him to go in the bathroom and look, i litterally dont have any idea how i would say it! i most definitily know it wont be easy rasing a child as a single parent and im most positive that i would good some support. and i have idea how he will react as he will help out, be there, or even wanna try it out again. im nervous :/.
It's tough being a single parent at any age.  You do have the right, and you do owe it to him to let him know that you are pregnant.  Come straight out and tell him.  He is obligated at least on the financial end, courts can ensure his help there.
There is no easy way of telling him,so just tell him how he deals with the news is up to him,as long as you have made your mind up that you want to keep the baby then your main concern is looking aafter you and your baby,being a single parent is hard but you will get there good luck