how can you disconnect?
I am wanting to know how to disconnect myself emotionaly from him to be rid of him from my life. I am tired of the pain all these years. I want to move on, how do you do that?
Don't see him; don't speak with him; don't communicate, at all with him.
In the fullness of time... emotional connections and constant thoughts of him will fade.
Take a pen and a piece of paper and write down all the offensive things he did and say to you. Carry it with you and everytime, you feel heartbroken or tempted to call him, just pull out that list as a reminder of what jerk he was with you.

Also, change your cell phone number, put away all the momentos, pictures and everything that will remind you of him for now, and maybe one day, you will look at them and laugh and say, "what the hell was I thinking".  No man is worth having your heartbroken over, because right around the corner, there are so many guy's just waiting to get to know you. It's going to take time and patience with yourself, but you are going to be ok....one step at a time.
Remember all the bad things he did and it takes time to heal mentally and emotionally, 14 months on  and i have disconnected myself 95% but in a much better place now and time has healed.