Relationships Community
husband not interested in me anymore

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

husband not interested in me anymore

what would you do? my husband is a workaholic. He doesnt spend any time with me or the kids. When he is not working, he is sleeping.  When I am not home, he looks at porn on the internet, therefore we rarely have sex. I asked him not to do that, he agreed but I found out he still does.  He works night shift.I work days. I feel very unattractive, and like a failure. He says that he loves me but he is just tired. I'm tired too of the neglect.
take a vacation, u and ur husband alone ;)
If he's too tired to have sex with you, how come he has the energy to sit up and look at porn???

Sounds like he has something else going on besides not being interested in you.  If that was it, wouldn't he still be spending time with the children?  Maybe some therapy would be in order?  Would he agree to go?
You relationship is in serious trouble.  You need counselling and your husband may have an addiction to porn.

When a man is a work alcoholic, they are avoid of any emotions. They are uncapable of giving you what they need.

My suggestion would be to set boundaries with this man. He either gets with the program and puts his marriage first or you (whatever boundaries you give him). Please do follow up on anything you say to him. If you threaten to leave him and you don't, he won't take you seriously anymore.

Good luck !

P.S. -- I meant... what YOU need
I agree with comment 1. He must be under some stress. And he just needs a break. But that no excuse for looking at porn.

From,
Kriscool

P.S. God Bless You      And Husband
Hello everyone,
I just got married in December and my husband has become very distant from me as well. When he gets off work he goes straight to the bedroom and watches tv. Our sex life isn't the same anymore after we got married. I'd be lucky if it was twice a month. I'm starting to give up on our marriage not because of the sex but things aren't the same.I try touching him in a intimate way but he doesn't want me to touch him. It's making me really depressed with whats going on I love him so much but at this time and the way i feel I don't think I want to be with him anymore. Can someone please help to guide me in the right path.
Oh my goodness. I have a very simalar problem. I got married is December of 2006 as well and my husband's sex drive has decreased I would say about 80% from what it used to be. We used to have sex quite offten and for long periods of time too. I know hes not cheating and I don't think it has to do with my looks because I havent changed much since the day i met him. However it does worry me this sudden, and quite drastic, drop. I have tried many things to get him arroused but hes not really into them. I have done everything from getting new langerie to getting a complete makeover. I don't know whats wrong. I think it might be impotence because when we do get into it he goes "soft" halfway though and rarely ever finishes anymore. He happens to be a quite proud man so getting him to talk to me about it is very difficult. He gets really emotional and sad. Its really worrying me. Should I get him to talk to a doctor or is this really common?
hi i have been married for 3 yrs now my husband is addicted to pills but he rather watch movies/porn he lock himself in a roon dont bother to talk with me he dont go out with me he cant even throw out the garbage he has no intrest in me at all he want me to get tierd so i can leave i have no job and no were to go now what can i do live in a shelter i dont know what to do anymore i try to be my best to him but is not working do some one have an idea or advice i cant talk to no one or even his family cus they throw me against him he one that always hide unde his mother or sisters skirt all his life
I am in the same situation but I have had my feel and Im planning to leave his behind, because I've tried telling him how he's making me feel and how we need to talk to someone....... basically trying to resolve the issue but he's not hearing me. Im not one to brag but I look good and he is not about to have me questioning who I am , and having me feel insecure. I make more money so this fool gonna have the nerve to tell me , He does'nt think he should have to pay as many bills as I do because he does'nt make that much..... is he crazy! And maybe just maybe I would'nt even mind if he made up for it in other areas, like help clean, spend time with the kids, hell have a conversation with me!!! Sorry you're going through this but I say let it go!!!