Relationships Community
husband still in love with ex wife

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

husband still in love with ex wife

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR A YEAR THIS MONTH AND HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR OVER 2 . HE STILL FEELS THE NEED TO TELL EVERY ONE ABOUT HIS PAST WITH HER EVEN PEOPLE THAT WHERE MY FREINDS FIRST. HE DONT TALK ABOUT IT IN FRONT OF ME BUT EVERY BODY WE KNOW EVEN FREINDS WE HAVE MADE BETWEEN US ALL KNOW EVERY THING ABOUT THEM . OUR FIRST YEAR I KNOW HE WAS STILL STUCK ON HER BUT I THOUGHT WE WHERE PASS ALL THAT ..PLEASE HELP AM I JUST TRIPPIN
Well you need to have a serious talk with your husband.  I think at this point you need to find out how he truly feels about you.  Then I would tell him, if you are over your ex-wife you need to stop talking about her all together.  One mention of her again and you are leaving.  I don't think its fair to you if you are his second choice.  After what 2 years, he should be over that relationship.  Perhaps he talks about her because of the bitterness between them.  I'm not sure of why their marriage ended but if it bothers you that he talks about her he needs to stop.  Your happiness and respect comes first.
Hi Lisa, when I read the title, I immedate thought, "Um, that's not good" and I completely understand your valid concern. When you came into the relationship, you were aware that he had a past and there was a time when he was in love with this woman and for whatever reasons, the relationship did not work out and they each went different ways. It seems as if he still has feelings for her, which is understandably, BUT he is now your husband and he is being insensitive and disrespectful to you by constantly brining her up.  

I think it's time to have a talk with him, because communication is key in a relationship.
Tell him that you are concerned and bothered by his constant reminder of his exwife and ask him straight out, "What's going on, why are you brining her up and making feel less to our friends". Tell him, "What do I have to do to make you realize that this is bothering me and I want it immediately stop." Maybe he has not gotten over her and that can be potentially dangerous, because if she feels the same way, temptations are everywhere.  Also, I have to agree with mami...tell him, "one more mention of her again and I'm leaving you". You are not second best. Also find out why the relationship ended, but put a stop to it immedately or I see your marriage in trouble with doubt, jelousy and mistrust.

You should be tripping. If my husband was constantly talking about an ex to anyone, behind my back especially I would be worried. Like mami and judy said, you need to sit down and have a big old talk with him. It is not acceptable for him to continuously talk about his ex with others. He is with YOU if he wants to talk about a woman it should be YOU he is chatting about, unless of course he is talking about how horrible his ex was, then i wouldn't have a problem with it ;)  But seriously just talk to him and find out why he feels the need to constantly bring up the ex. And like mami said I wouldn't put up with him if he continues to talk about her after you talk to him about how upset it makes you.
Any kids yet? If not, it might be worth it to take a look at your relationship. Anything else to tell you signs of trouble?? You might have picked a bad apple. Don't wait and then say "should've could've would've.