Relationships Community
in love with my niece

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

in love with my niece

i'm 49 years old (male) and separated for 4 years, my niece live with me at the age of 17, now she is 20 and i'm falling in love with her. what should i do?
OMGolly this is wrong!!  on SO many levels!!  
This would be incest!!  
and
You are an adult!!  You are TOO old for Her!!  
and
She is a GIRL!!  She is TOO young for You!!

You were a 29 year old adult the MOMENT She was born!!  Leave this GIRL alone and let Her have those 29 years of learning that You ALREADY had by the time She took Her first breath!!  
Honestly, the best thing to do is to ask her not to live with you to fight off the temptation.  She's the daughter of your sibling, I presume?  This sure could cause a huge family issue.  If you are interested in younger women, then date some but keep it outside of family and not someone that you were caretaker to as a teen.  good luck
I will agree with the above posters and will add that it might not be a bad idea to consult professional help to sort these feelings you are having.  

This is SO not right.  
hi richey,
I think best to look at this 2 way to make the right decision.
First she is family and marrying your nice is really against social morals and with such close DNA the baby could have birth defect. So think about the baby.
Also if you had a baby with your niece, would she call you Dad or great Uncle?

Second she is very young and really needs to be with other inexperienced people to grow in life with her age group. She would grow up too quickly which is not fair to her. If you love her consider this also. With love its about the other person.

When you 70 she will be 39. What then? Will you still go out partying and how will your Prostate be functioning?

As one adult to another, i think better to love her in a different way. Love to teach her wisdom, enlightment or even a business. Teach her the spiritual notions of the Universe and how she can become a good person in society.
all the best
I'm going to give you this advice man to man because I can see that you need it. Don't do it. I'm almost 40 and the thought of dating a 20 year old in general gives major heartburn because of immaturity issues but coupled with the fact that she is your niece that is just gross. Sorry man I don't know how else to put it. I love my niece too but as a niece because she is my brothers kid. She is also very much a kid at 18 and has no clue about anything. It's giving me the creeps just talking about it. You should get some serious help for your issue because assuming your post is genuine and you're not just posting here to stir up everyone here, you do have a very serious problem that requires a mental health intervention.
Seek professional mental help.
I think this actually probably happens a lot,  and men have the maturity and grace to hide it and then it passes.

Just hide this,  and let it pass.  
Omw! That's so creepy and incest. You would ruin your uncle niece relationship if she knew probably.
I think its a troll