Relationships Community
just a story.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

just a story.

Okay last night my husband and I went out. We stopped to put gas in the car. I saw this old man asking another car for money. And I saw I had cash on me so before he came to ask us for money I went u to him and gave him money. And it was my husbands turn to pay and mine to put gas. So I was putting gas in the car and I felt really cold so I thought about the old man. I asked my husband to go ask him if he wanted coffee so he could be warm and my husband said why didn't I do it and I told him bc I was putting gas. And all mad my husband finally gave in and asked the old man if he wanted coffee from the gas station store. And at home we were still arguing about what happened. He said that if I thought about giving coffee to the man why didn't I go get it for him. Anyway he went in to shower and all, and he came out calm. And he was telling about what he thought. He told me that he was thinking that it was such a drag to give money to the man. And he had thought that if he asked him for money that he was going to send him to me instead so I'd give it to him. Well my husband said that he was mad bc I. Sent him to buy coffee for the man.

And we came to the conclusion that it was Gods will for my husband to help out the old man.

But then again what if it was just coincidence???

What do u guys think???
Who knows.  That would depend on your own personal spirituality.  Many really good people do not help people out in those situations because statistically, their asking for money often goes to something that isn't good for them (booze, drugs).  I personally often give it because i have it to give and just in case their story is legit, I feel I should if I can.

But whether God was involved or not would apply to your belief system.  Some believe God has a hand in all things and some don't believe God exists.  

???  Anyway, sorry you two fought about this.