Relationships Community
marriage and health insurance

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

marriage and health insurance

i have masshealth and im pregnant ...my fiance and i want to get married this summer if i get married will i lose my mass health insurance or can i keep my individual plan.
you have to talk to the department of health. if your guy makes enough $ and has insurance then they might tell you to get on his insurance. but only the government can answer this question for you.
well he doesnt have insurance and doesnt make enough so..i dont know
They will take his income into consideration so you may end up loosing it or end up having to pay a co-pay, that's how it works in WI. IF he did have insurance through work he would be required to cover you if he could afford it.
Since you are pregnant it might be different though, in WI the state HAS to cover a pregnant women if they cant afford insurance.