Relationships Community
my boyfriend seems controlling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

my boyfriend seems controlling

I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years, but it has been a difficult 7 years, it got to the point 2 years ago that I bought a new mobile home so that i would have a home, well now my son who is 18 lives here too.  My boyfriend says that I spend all my money here and i don't help him anymore and that i should sell this place and make my son rent something.  He told me that I have nothing to offer him, because until i get this paid for we can't save any money together.  I can't abandoned my son, and he doesn't like my son.  Always makes smart remarks toward him, and when my son did live at his house with us, he was mean to him, took the lock off his bedroom door, unplugged the phone outlet so he couldnt use the internet,  ...When i lived there full time i helped with everything, but it has always been that i have to to ask before buying or doing anything different there to the house, such as decorating or hanging something on the wall, he makes me hang stuff only where his ex-wife had stuff hung, i cant put anything where i want it..  Now, that I don't live there full time, i just really feel like its not my home, i do help him out some, but not alot.  he told me that i do nothing for him, and that he needs someone to help him and live there full time.  what am i suppose to do about my son? please tell me what to do?  i think it's time to move on, but it's so hard, but i do got a lot of angry feelings toward him.
Hi there and welcome.  Well, I find it odd that your boyfriend wants you to kick your son to the curb so you can help HIM.  Like, does he want to be your son too?  Why doesn't he help himself???  He doesn't sound like he tries very hard to do that and his asking you to care for him/give money, etc. instead of having your place and helping your only 18 year old son is really ridiculous.  I would not put up with that and honestly, never pick a man like this over your child.  goodluck
Gritts, I read your post and I don't see anywhere where you say one positive thing about him or your relationship with him.

Why are you with him?
Hon, you need to leave.  This man is controlling to the max.  
This guy sounds like a real bummer.  I think its time to tell him to shove off.  Sounds like this guy want's you to support his future with little regard to yours.
Wow, so i can see a person wanting to be a couple and living and supporting each other and being fully together after 7 years, but from the sounds of it, you were unable to do that because he treated your child poorly, so you opted to buy a home where you could mother your son. I would find it to be a difficult situation to have a "boyfriend" after 7 years and not be moving on from that to marriage, but I don't think that you were given that choice when he made your son feel unaccepted in your lives together. So, it looks like this guy has made all the choices for you, and it's time for you to call it a day. What other choice has he left you really?