should i leave?
Alright. Well on 19 years. My boyfriend that if 21 and I have a 6m old son. Things were fine at first but he got surgery a month after our son was born that caused him to loose his job. He hasn't looked for work at all so his dad has been supporting us and on thankful but my boyfriend abuses it and steals money from his dad to buy stuff for his car or tattoo junk. When we need supplies I have to ask my mom, because I have college I don't have time to work. I can't stay away from my son to long. He recently did taxes and claimed me and our baby but is using the money for his problems leaving us 2k and telling me on only getting 1k. Like it's getting me soon annoyed that he thinks of himself only and me and our son second. I am not happy anymore and want to go back home. Then again I don't want to separate my son from his father. Help me please.
Hi there and welcome to med help.  I'm really sorry this is such a difficult time with your boyfriend.  You sound like such a responsilble lady at such a young age.  I admire that.  I'm glad you are going to college as that will certainly put you ahead in the future to need no one financially.  That's a really strong position to be in for a woman and I'm happy you are going to put yourself in that position.  Stick to it and don't let anything deter you from that goal.

Is your boyfriend having issues with drugs or alcohol?  He worked prior to his surger but now steals and doesn't want to work and is doing unethical things.  Was he always like this or is it new behavior?  I ask because I was trying to think what could change someone to act like this,  Drugs and alcohol come to mind.  Or depression.  Any of these seem to fit??

I don't know if he is stable if he is lying and leaving you and your son without money for basics while he works on his car and gets tattoos.  Obviously that is not working as a team.

When you discuss these issues, what is his response?
Your son can still see his father if y'all separate, it'd be better for him if he saw you happy then unhappy. Try talking to him first and if things don't change, do what's best for you and baby
There are lots of single mothers and if your bf is neglecting his responcability as a father then you should leave.  A son does not need a father who does nothing for him.  I know it is hard, but will it be better in the long term is what you need to ask yourselfr.  Do you want your son learning that to get stuff you steal and that he is number one above anyone else?  You should get child support set up and then you will get the tax money aut5omatically if he doesn't pay during the year for back payment.  I am not even sure if it is legal for him to claim you if you are not married.  Call H&R Block or someone like that and find out.  Let me know what happens.  You are in my prayers.