Relationships Community
strong attraction to another

This patient support community is for discussions relating to relationships, abstinence, arousal problems, birth control, cohabitation, commitment, communication, couples counseling, desire, sexual technique, and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

strong attraction to another

I have been in a relationship for almost 3 years. We are engaged and will be married in 5 months. However, recently I have been feeling a very strong attraction to a friend and coworker. I have experienced a similar attraction in the past, but was able to overcome it by avoiding the person. But, as I work with this man and see him almost every day, I am unable to avoid him. I have mistakenly allowed our friendship to grow into a flirtatious, early-relationship stage. It has gotten to the point where I cannot stop thinking about this other man or the way he makes me feel when we are together. However, I love my fiance and he is a good man. He treats me like a queen and doesn't deserve to be put through what I'm feeling. Our relationship isn't perfect, but I do love him. Are the feelings I'm having for my friend something to pay attention to, or am I just having a very severe case of cold feet??
I ran into that as well and maybe there is something missing in your current relationship that you are seeking out and find it in that co-worker. I don't recommend getting involved with that co-worker because it is only going to make matters worse and one day you will regret that

Do you recognize anything that might be missing or that this co-worker has to offer that your fiance does not have so you can focus on what is missing?
I have a simular story.  Before I married my husband, he was good friends with my highschool sweetheart.  The day after my highschool sweetheart and I broke up, my husband asked me out on a date, and here we are 14 years later.  It has been rocky.  We have dealt with infidelity on both of our behalfs(not with my highschool sweetheart) and we have overcome it together but there is a part of me that still has a desire for my highschool sweetheart.  Intimately, the passion between my husband and I comes and goes. When it is on the downward spiral, I desire my highschool sweetheart because all we had was passion.  We didnt have bills, responsibilities, or kids.  Then I remember how well my husband can balance everything and I quickly get disgusted with myself for even thinking of my ex.  

I think you are going through some relationship growing pains as you move to the next level.  Go with your gut, its always right!!!!