Reptiles & Amphibians Community
Anole eye problem
About This Community:

Welcome to the Reptiles & Amphibians Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet reptiles and amphibians!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anole eye problem

My green anole cannot open or close his left eye all the way.  I've had him for about 3 months, and my uncle had him before that.  He is in a 10 gallon tank alone with plastic vines, a couple logs, and some sort of leafy "anole bedding" from petsmart on the bottom of his cage.  he uses a 75 watt UVA bulb during the day, and a ceramic heating bulb at night, and I feed him gut loaded crickets, and he's misted about 3 times a day.  he is still eating, and he seems energetic still, his other eye is fine.  About an hour ago I dribbled a bit of water onto the eye in hope of washing out anything that could be stuck in there, and after that his eye seemed fine for a while, but then got worse again about 30 minutes later.  It is unlikely that going to the vet is an option, so any suggestions of what is wrong/what I should do would be great.