Anole eye problem
My green anole cannot open or close his left eye all the way.  I've had him for about 3 months, and my uncle had him before that.  He is in a 10 gallon tank alone with plastic vines, a couple logs, and some sort of leafy "anole bedding" from petsmart on the bottom of his cage.  he uses a 75 watt UVA bulb during the day, and a ceramic heating bulb at night, and I feed him gut loaded crickets, and he's misted about 3 times a day.  he is still eating, and he seems energetic still, his other eye is fine.  About an hour ago I dribbled a bit of water onto the eye in hope of washing out anything that could be stuck in there, and after that his eye seemed fine for a while, but then got worse again about 30 minutes later.  It is unlikely that going to the vet is an option, so any suggestions of what is wrong/what I should do would be great.
My anole is much better now.  I think he got dust or something in his eye, but luckily he recovered.  If anyone has a problem similar to this, from what I've read eye infections and blindness are common in anoles, I would suggest squirting the eye.  I know it sounds strange, but it worked for me.