Reptiles & Amphibians Community
Anole eye problem

Welcome to the Reptiles & Amphibians Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet reptiles and amphibians!

Anole eye problem

My green anole cannot open or close his left eye all the way.  I've had him for about 3 months, and my uncle had him before that.  He is in a 10 gallon tank alone with plastic vines, a couple logs, and some sort of leafy "anole bedding" from petsmart on the bottom of his cage.  he uses a 75 watt UVA bulb during the day, and a ceramic heating bulb at night, and I feed him gut loaded crickets, and he's misted about 3 times a day.  he is still eating, and he seems energetic still, his other eye is fine.  About an hour ago I dribbled a bit of water onto the eye in hope of washing out anything that could be stuck in there, and after that his eye seemed fine for a while, but then got worse again about 30 minutes later.  It is unlikely that going to the vet is an option, so any suggestions of what is wrong/what I should do would be great.
My anole is much better now.  I think he got dust or something in his eye, but luckily he recovered.  If anyone has a problem similar to this, from what I've read eye infections and blindness are common in anoles, I would suggest squirting the eye.  I know it sounds strange, but it worked for me.