Reptiles & Amphibians Community
Beardie Excraments

Welcome to the Reptiles & Amphibians Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet reptiles and amphibians!

Beardie Excraments

I'm fairly new to owning a bearded dragon and was wondering what its feces are supposed to look like. My beardie seems to have sludge type feces with little to no solid matter. I'm wondering because other species of lizard that I've seen all have mostly solid feces.
they are somewhat runny and only a little white solid which is their urine i think
Mine are pretty well formed. If they are runny and really foul smelling, the beardie should get a fecal done. The recommendation is to wait until your beardie has adjusted to the new environment, roughly 2 weeks or so. After that point, take it into the vet for an exam, including a fecal. Coccidia is in their intestinal tracts anyway, but stress or illness can cause those numbers to jump which can be life threatening. If the numbers come back high, antibiotics can help.

In the mean time, make sure the diet and environment are spot on.

How old is your bearded dragon? What is your setup like?
hello I have had adult and baby beardies...first my beardies poop in thier water. and thogh the size is different thier poop is the same consistency as my other lizards. what are you feeding it? My guys love worms and pinkies, crickets. it is VERY VERY VERY important that you are giving your animal a UVB light for 12 hours a day, and calcuim/vit d3 suppliment, or your beardie will get MBD and grow to be deformed. Hope that helped! best wishes...kathy
My beardie is 4, and his poops are usually done in water, so the consistency is a little tough to tell. But they seem to be fairly well-formed, and always have the solid white bit at the beginning.