Reptiles & Amphibians Community
Green Anole With "burn" on back
About This Community:

Welcome to the Reptiles & Amphibians Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet reptiles and amphibians!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Green Anole With "burn" on back

We recently got a green anole from a local pet store where my BF works. He has what appers to be a large dark patch on his back, that looks like dead tissue. We have already sechulded him an app.with our vet. but was wondering if anyone else has encountered something like this. The Reptile guy that the store deals with said it was a turmor and when BF said he was taking him to our Vet, the guys responce was a sarcastic "good luck".
I did some googling and can't seem to find anything out about it...

thanks guys and gals

LP
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
603665_tn?1220188294
Took him to our vet.. Could be a tumor.. Could be fungus(?) or bacteria(?) or a combo of both.. have him on some bromean(?) twise daily... starting to look different.. Dr.Bill wanted to take a scraping BUT he said "Buddy" (as he has been nicked) was too skinny.. He is really skinny and we have been hand feeding him, water, crickets and some baby bird pablem mixed with strained baby food and some honey. (was recomendy in a reptile book about anoles) Its more a treat, BUT it is the only thing he really wants to eat...

Anyone got any ideas?? We have pictues BUT I can't find my camera cable to get them on here....

LP
(sorry about any spelling errors)
Blank
603665_tn?1220188294
Check out my photos.. I have his pictures up...
Blank
603665_tn?1220188294
don't bother to look at the pics. Found the little guy DEAD last night.
thanks for all the helpful suggestions.. I'm just glad everyone on this board was sooooooooo helpful.....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Reptiles & Amphibians Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...