Reptiles & Amphibians Community
HE IS TURNING PINK!!
About This Community:

Welcome to the Reptiles & Amphibians Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet reptiles and amphibians!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

HE IS TURNING PINK!!

I have two savannah monitors, both of which I fed earlier today. One is about a year old, and the other is a big fella who i assume is about 3 or 4 years old. i fed them both raw chicken eggs and sausage links (which i didnt think had and spices in them), and just before i fed them i took the bigger lizard out for a walk, which i do on the nice warm days so he can get natural sun. after feeding them i left them alone for a few hours (they are in different cages), but when i returned, the bigger lizard has a pink rash looking thing all around his face and on his legs, but it doesnt seem tender.... the other lizard is fine.... what is wrong with him and what do i do?!?
Type of Animal
:  
savannah monitor
Age of Animal
:  
aprox. 4
Sex of Animal
:  
Male
Breed of Animal
:  
reptile
Last date your pet was examined by a vet?
:  
March 31, 2010
City
:  
franklin
State/Province
:  
tennessee
Country
:  
US
Related Discussions
Nothing to worry about sounds like you have a healthy, well fed, warm savanna.
Fresh blood with oxygen in it turns skin a healthy pink. death = lack of flowing blood with oxygen in it so skin looks less pink and blood is darker in color and less red (think of how an old scab looks). as you die the blood shunts way from the less important organs like skin to the very important internal ones (like the brain, heart, kidneys) so it will also look pale...also the blood settles because the heart is no longer pumping it and the old deoxygenated blood will sink/settle to the lowest parts of the body, hence blue or mottled areas.

Read more: What causes monitor to turn yellow or blue - What causes the computer monitor to turn black and when tirned back on blue :: PN phpBB Question and Answers at http://www.pnphpbb.com/qna/What_causes_monitor_to_turn_yellow_or_blue-qna67304.html
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Reptiles & Amphibians Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...