Reptiles & Amphibians Community
King Snake not eating
About This Community:

Welcome to the Reptiles & Amphibians Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet reptiles and amphibians!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

King Snake not eating

I have a approx. 2 year old Mexican Black king snake i recently got. when i got him he was just starting the shedding process so i did not feed him. the breeder he came from fed him live hopper mice so when his shedding was done i figured he would be hungry, so i gave him a live hopper mouse and he bolted after it and killed, but did not eat it. just let it lay dead. I know snakes pretty well and i see no signs of him being sick or anything, and his enclosure is fine, so what could be the problem?
    please help.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1666434_tn?1325265950
This is certainly odd, did you ever find out what might have caused this, did he start eating again?
Blank
1928835_tn?1326988764
snakes don't always like to eat right after they shed because their skin is still very soft. also many snakes will go for months without eating as long as his weight stays about the same he should be fine. if you are still worried you should take him to a vet. if he does this again try to feed him but if he doesnt eat don't get to worried.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Reptiles & Amphibians Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...