Mean Ole Iguana!!
We ended up taking my daughters friends iguana 4 years ago..He had advanced MBD and she had to give him liquid calcium twice a day for 3 months to make him better.  He's grown from 32 inches from nose to tail tip to 46 inches now, and since we've had him, no tail has been lost at all.  He was gentle until just last January, and then became really really aggressive. He's now 6 years old and I do understand about his breeding cycle...will he ever come out of this nasty temperment that he's in now?!?!?  

Male iguanas are some of the most vicious when it comes to breeding. They can often tear their female to shreds and kill her. When my male was younger, although he has always been docile would bob his head and get real pissy when I came near him either with bright colors or during my menstrual cycle. Also, if I had a hat on that would freak him out. From my experience if the animal has not been abused and has been trained it should pass, but it may take some time. In the meantime I would take special care in spending more time with him and making sure he feels comfortable in his home. My male is not 14 years old and his irritation stopped when he was about 10. If his anger is persistent, take him to the vet or call your vet.
I lost my male iguana this winter. He wouldn't eat, became very depressed and that was it.  Seems I'm a target for rescue igs, since now I have a beautiful female.  I'm not as familiar with their temperments as I was with my male.  Shes a little reserved, but I believe she wasn't handled very much.  She loves her fresh veggies and practically leaps off her basking shelf to get to her dinner plate.  Looks like this will be round two of the iguana show at my house!  Her name is Lizabella, by the way, and I just love her. :)