Reptiles & Amphibians Community
green anole with skin discoloration on belly
About This Community:

Welcome to the Reptiles & Amphibians Forum!
This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet reptiles and amphibians!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

green anole with skin discoloration on belly

My son has a green anole with a skin discoloration on its belly.  It also appears to be slightly thick.  The anole was bought approximately 3 weeks ago.  It was green and malnurished.  After skin discoloration appeared it has mostly remained brown (but will turn green when held).  There is plenty of crickets and meal worms for it to eat.  It eats and poops, but hasn't gained much weight.  It can move around ok. The temperate in the enclosures is slighly below 85 degrees. They get clean water every day.  The enclosure is cleaned weekly - sooner if needed.  I'm concerned about its skin disorder getting worse.  One of my son's prior anoles developed some sort of eye imflamation.  I took him to the vet who prescibed script for vitamin deficiency - but it died 2 days later. So I not very inclined to take it to a vet which probably won't be very knowlegable anyway.  Vets in my area don't specialize in exotics.  Any ideas on what it is and how to treat it would be greatly appreciated. We are caring for it the best we can.  It would have been dead by now if I didn't buy it at the pet store.  I buy my crickets there and for the past several weeks they haven't removed a dead anole in one of their cages.  And the alive green anoles are brown and very sickly - malnurished.
Thanks for read my post and responding.  Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.