little escapee
I just got a baby iguana, its been a few years since ive had one, ive had lots of other reptiles though. Last night he escaped, I underestimated his strengh to push the top of the cage! Ive been told that he would climb upwards somewhere, however the average temp in my house is usually 72 or 73 degrees. would he burrow under something, or do you think he would climb upwards? If you have any other tips for trying to find him please let me know, hes very small. today i left for work and turned off the air conditioner. its going to be in the 80s outside today (florida) so hopefully it will get nice and warm and he will come out. Im so worried, i hope he doesnt eat anything harmful!
it will most likely get in front of a window to soak up uv's...iguanas need uv light to make calcium...it might hide near a window and as soon as you leave come out......and i would google a care sheet for iguanas right away...iguanas can live very unhealthy...grow long nails...and just look awfull...also if you have a screen top on your cage your humidity may be hard to keep up so watch that...it's going to want a chose of tempertures..a basking spot ...hide spots....climbing branches... water...good luck...billy
I know you posted this a LONG time ago, but I have had iguanas and rescued them since I was 5 years old with my father. I'm 24 now and my female is 17 years old and my male is 14 years old. In my experience iguanas will burrow (mostly in warm places but not all the time). One of females used to climb and hide in the Christmas tree, my female now likes to burrow in stuffed animals. Every iguana is different and I would look in places that are warm too (like behind the fridge. Of course this was posted way long ago so I do hope you've found him by now!
I wonder if anyone will ever read this, but just for fun I will share Jubjubs Incredible story...I swear to you this really happened

He was missing for about 2 weeks, I left food out for him in every room of the house hoping he was atleast eating. I looked everywhere, I tore my house apart looking for him, but no luck. My 4 year old cat, who is a little darling, started crying at me one day from another room. When she came to me, she had jubjub, hanging in her mouth by the scruff of the neck. I yelled at her and she put him down, and he ran away. I caught him thanks to my cat, and he had no puncture marks, scratches or anything, he was perfectly intact, just alittle thin.  I can say that nearly a year later he is a happy healthy guy! Hes hitting his 1 year growth spurt, and hes shedding very fequently.