Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
side effects of Pirfenex 200mg which is taken 3 times a day?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

I would like to know the side effects of Pirfenex 200mg which is taken 3 times a day?
The physician has prescribed 2 tablets after every meal which accounts 1200 mg for a day. I want to know what can be the short term and long term side effects of this medicine. Also can anyone tell me for what duration this medicine should be taken or it is supposed to be continued for lifetime? What would be the condition of the paitent (does this medicine helps to cure the diseases or keep him stable)
Tags: Pirfenex, side effects, Pirfenex 200mg
Greetings,

This compound is used simply to try to slow the progression of the disease rather than to improve the condition or to cure it.  Based on the information you have provided, I am unable to answer all of your questions, but here is what I recommend.

For the short term side effects one can look to the published CAPACITY 1 and 2 studies (Lancet. 2011 May 21;377(9779):1760-9) in the adverse effects section.  There is no data on long-term side effects nor on how long it should be taken.

You should also raise your questions with the physician who prescribed this medication.

I hope this helps.

Good luck