Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
10 year old son having croup attacks
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

10 year old son having croup attacks

I have a 10 year old son that has been having these awful croup attacks, where he gets stridor breathing. He's been getting these attacks since he was 4 months old.  They are very scary.  I don't know what to do. These attack come around mid October to January.  He has asthma, acid reflux, and Hay Fever.  He is on albuterol when needed and advair, singulair,claritin, Prylosec,and occasional Tums. He's seen the pulmonologist and nothing. They can't find whats causing his attacks.  They suggested air purifiyer. I went a bought 2 of them for his room and for any other room he is in.  I also have a 5 year old son that is also heading the same way as his brother.  Please can someone help me.  I cannot eat or sleep when the months Oct-Jan are around. I'm so worried, because October is just around the corner.  I also wanted to state that there is never any warning that the attacks are comming. Is there any med. that I could ask from my doctor to have at home.  So far the only thing I have for my boys is Pediapred in a syrup. That is the only thing my doctor has given me for the attacks. Please Help!!!