2 1/2 Year Old Diagnosed with Pneumonia
My 2 1/2 year old was diagnosed with pneumonia in early December. He had a runny nose for about a week prior to being diagnosed as well as a slight cough. When he became fevered I took him in to the doctor where he was prescribed pulmacort and salbutamol ( I believe I have that correct and they are the two separate prescriptions ) When the fever continued, we immediately took him back in and this is where he was x-rayed, diagnosed with pneumonia and hospitalized for 2 days where he received treatment through a nebulizer as well as cephrozil(sp?) . This all happened within that week. He is once again exhibiting similar symptoms. I am fearful that because his symptoms developed so quickly before he may be developing pneumonia again. There are no signs of fever to indicate any infection. Should I be concerned or should I just treat it as a simple cold for the time being?  Thank you in advance for any advice!
Signed, A concerned Mom
It never hurts to place a call to the doctor to see what he or she thinks about this considering what your daughter went through. I hope that things work out for you...Sunny