Respiratory Disorders Community
2 Nights Smoking Lead to Diffuculty Breathing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Over the weekend I went out and smoked about a pack of cigarettes. It is now Wednesday and I still am having trouble breathing. I can't yawn and fill my lungs up with air all the way, and when I try to breath in deeply, I can't seem to get a full breath. When I am relaxed, it seems fine except for a tightness at the end of every breath.

This has happened twice before. I quit smoking a year ago, but I have had weekends where I smoke about a pack, and then this happens. I keep thinking that it won't happen again, but it does. I am never going to smoke again, but I'm worried that I caused permanent damage.

I don't know if I've developed asthma or if I should go to a doctor. The other two times it has taken almost a week to get back to normal breathing.

I also live in Florida where there is high humidity in July, could that be a factor?

This discussion is related to 2 nights of smoking leads to a week of breathing problems.