Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
2 mm pulmonary nodule

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

2 mm pulmonary nodule

I had a CT done recently and it showed that I had a 2 mm noncalcified pulmonary nodule in my right lower lobe. My PCP didn't seem concerned about it and thinks it from histoplasmosis. I've never been tested for this. Is this nodule something that I should be concerned about?
No, you should not be concerned about this, especially if you under age 40 and not a cigarette smoker.  By conventional standards, 2 mm is a very small nodule and, the smaller the nodule, the more likely it is to be benign.  However, interpretation of the nodule may also depend on the reason the CT Scan was done, in the first place.

If you live in a part of the country, such as most of the mid-west, where Histoplasmosis is endemic, the odds are high that your PCP is right.