Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
2 mm pulmonary nodule
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2 mm pulmonary nodule

I had a CT done recently and it showed that I had a 2 mm noncalcified pulmonary nodule in my right lower lobe. My PCP didn't seem concerned about it and thinks it from histoplasmosis. I've never been tested for this. Is this nodule something that I should be concerned about?
Related Discussions
242588_tn?1224275300
No, you should not be concerned about this, especially if you under age 40 and not a cigarette smoker.  By conventional standards, 2 mm is a very small nodule and, the smaller the nodule, the more likely it is to be benign.  However, interpretation of the nodule may also depend on the reason the CT Scan was done, in the first place.

If you live in a part of the country, such as most of the mid-west, where Histoplasmosis is endemic, the odds are high that your PCP is right.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker