Respiratory Disorders Community
6mm non calcified pulmonary nodule

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

6mm non calcified pulmonary nodule

I`VE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH A 6mm NODULE IN LEFT LUNG AND HAVE BEEN TOLD TO TAKE ANOTHER CT SCAN IN 3 MONTHS.  SHOULD I GET ANOTHER OPINION OR COULD IT BECOME MALIGNANT IN THAT 3 MONTHS ?
I also have been told I have an 8mm lung nodule in my left lung base and to come back in 3 months for another CT scan.  The doctor calls it a watch and see. Since then I have researched lung nodules and found that most of them are considered begin if nothing has changed.  So after a two year watch and see they are considered begin.  According to the Internet from reliable sources, cancer doesn't grow too awfully fast. So 3 months would not make too much of a difference if it was cancer.  I also was told that I could get a second opinion to help my piece of mind.
SOUNDS LIKE IT THE USUAL DIAGNOSIS. JUST WAITING IS THE WORST. THANKS

jfdyates
my husbAND  had a routine chest x-ray which showed a possible pulmonary nodule less than 6 mm--it was there 4 years ago--the doctors don't seem too concerned what should i do--wife who loves her husband
My husband went to the hospital with chest pains a couple of year ago, resulting in x rays and ct scans.  The ct scan a year 1/2 ago showed some lung nodules(I can't remember the size).  The ct scan just done showed the lung nodules had grown slightly.  The largest one is now 6mm. The nodules are non calcified.  He gave us three options......1.  Wait and see with another ct scan in a few months.  2.  Do a PET scan that may or may not show anything with them being that small.  or 3.  Consult a surgeon to remove them.  We are doing the PET scan.  My husband is very worried and making himself feel sick and tired over this.  He has had routine blood work which didn't show anything suspicious.  Does anyone have anything I can tell him that is encouraging?  I see no need to worry until we know something more definitive.  I need to convince him of this now.  He has also had asthma since he was a small child.  I don't know if that would have any affect on things.
For asthma and lung nodules - do the kapalbhati and anulom vilom pranayam for 30 minutes each, twice a day. Do this for at least 6 months, and when the next test shows improvement, then reduce the timing to 20 minutes, once a day, for life. You will start to notice the benefit of pranayam in days, as your stress level will go down.When you can do something yourself, instead of watch and wait, you can carry on with your normal life.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Kapalbhati pranayam -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day. Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
August 12 ,2011