Respiratory Disorders Community
9 mm lung nodule

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

9 mm lung nodule

About 3 years ago I went for a chest xray (severe congestion) and they found a 5 mm nodule on the right lung.  After ctscan, it was confirmed it was calcified and deemed benign.   Last month I went for an abdominal ctscan and an incidental finding of a 9 mm nodule on my left lower lung was found.  Dr's reviewed my last ctscan and it definitely was not there 3 years ago although it's been said by the slices of the ctscan, they cannot tell for sure if it is a lung nodule or a cyst (or something like) that is extending from my diaphragm.  It's in a location that both doctors said they cannot biopsy without much difficulty.  When I asked if they would biopsy if it was easier to get to the answer was yers ???  

I was a long time smoker - 20 years with at least a pack a day history.  I am now 44 years old and have not smoked in 4 years but still very concerned.    The course is to wait 6 months and rescan.   I'm a wreck with worry