Respiratory Disorders Community
A High Diaphragm??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

A High Diaphragm??

I am not sure I'm asking this in the correct forum, but I hope I am.
I had a virus for 2-3 weeks, but it's gone now.  However, I have pain on my right side when I cough or breathe or anything really.  I went to the dr & she ruled out walking pneumonia & pleurisy.  She took an x-ray & stated that my diaphragm was high on one side & that it would take about 3 weeks for that to get better.  She gave me some pain pills, but they don't really help & this really hurts ~ it's VERY painful to cough or clear my throat or to breathe deeply.  Is this such a thing?  I've NEVER heard of someone's diaphragm being too high on one side.  How did this happen?  3 weeks ~ so this will correct itself?  
Please advise.  
Thank you for your time. L
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
90270_tn?1199338069
Maybe the virus affected the phrenic nerve which stimulates  the nerve causing irritation and pain. What can happen is a temporary palsy, or paralysis of that side of the diaphragm. A doctor can identifiy this on a xray as you have said...the affected diaphragm would be higher than the other side.
This is just my two cents...hope it helps. Sunny
Blank
Wow, I've never heard of this, so I had no idea this could happen.  Thank you so much for sharing your "two cents".  *G*  And it does help ~ it helps being able to understand what is happening.....doesn't take the pain away, but it helps to understand things and I appreciate you sharing your information with me.  Thank you Sunny ~ you brightened my day.  :-)
L
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank