A High Diaphragm??
I am not sure I'm asking this in the correct forum, but I hope I am.
I had a virus for 2-3 weeks, but it's gone now.  However, I have pain on my right side when I cough or breathe or anything really.  I went to the dr & she ruled out walking pneumonia & pleurisy.  She took an x-ray & stated that my diaphragm was high on one side & that it would take about 3 weeks for that to get better.  She gave me some pain pills, but they don't really help & this really hurts ~ it's VERY painful to cough or clear my throat or to breathe deeply.  Is this such a thing?  I've NEVER heard of someone's diaphragm being too high on one side.  How did this happen?  3 weeks ~ so this will correct itself?  
Please advise.  
Thank you for your time. L
Maybe the virus affected the phrenic nerve which stimulates  the nerve causing irritation and pain. What can happen is a temporary palsy, or paralysis of that side of the diaphragm. A doctor can identifiy this on a xray as you have said...the affected diaphragm would be higher than the other side.
This is just my two cents...hope it helps. Sunny
Wow, I've never heard of this, so I had no idea this could happen.  Thank you so much for sharing your "two cents".  *G*  And it does help ~ it helps being able to understand what is happening.....doesn't take the pain away, but it helps to understand things and I appreciate you sharing your information with me.  Thank you Sunny ~ you brightened my day.  :-)
L