Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Abnormal Lymph Nodes Xray
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abnormal Lymph Nodes Xray

My dad had a routine chest X-ray after a 10 yr remission from Non-hodgkins Lymphoma and they found his lymph nodes to be abnormal. He goes for a CATscan Monday. I'm wondering what else besides cancer could cause this. Thanks in advance for any help.
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
Infection can cause enlarged lymph nodes.  Relatively benign, non-cancerous, diseases such as sarcoidosis can also cause this.  Sarcoidosis is a disease that causes small clusters of inflammation, called granulomas.  The granulomas can occur in any area of the body, but are most often found in the lungs, lymph nodes, eyes, and skin.  Typically sarcoidosis effects only the lungs.  To know for sure your father will probably need a lymph node biopsy.  Please read our Sarcoidosis MedFact at http://www.nationaljewish.org/medfacts/sarcoid.html for more detailed information.
2 Comments
Blank
I'm happy to report that his CTscan came back NORMAL! Thank you for replying. :)
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker