Respiratory Disorders Community
Acute bronchitis vs pnuemonia(pneumonia)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

I went to the dr Tuesday of last week and was diagnosed with acute bronchitis and a sinus infection.  Got shots of Rocephen and kenalog; and rx's for Levaquin, ventalin, cough syrup and otc Mucinex DM. Wednesday thru Friday no better and started having pains in my back when coughing.  Went back to Dr yesterday (Wednesday), still coughing up some green stuff but not as much.  Still feel yucky, better, but yucky.  He told me to finish the Levequin, and gave me Z-Pack, Ceftin, Prednisone, more cough syrup, and continue with the Mucinex DM.  Did X-Rays and CBC.  Said it may have gone into Pnuemonia (pneumonia) when I was having the back pains.

I am just confused and a bit concerned - and sick of being sick.

The weird thing is that it went to hell in less than 24 hours.