Advair PRESCRIBED for pneumonia?
My son, 14, was recently diagnosed with asthma. Soon after the diagnoses, he came down with a deep cough, and was diagnosed with "walking pneumonia." He has not had trouble breathing. But the cough was deep and consistent. A doctor prescribed an anti-biotic to fight the pneumonia, and Advair inhaler for breathing.

I did not realize a possible side effect of Advair was pneumonia until hearing about in a TV commercial. Looked online and see that's a definite risk.

My question is: Should my son be on Advair WHILE HE HAS pneumonia? My instinct says no.

Concerned Dad
i just found this searching for the same answer for myself.....i am troubled that i was given advair for full on pneumonia when it says clearly on the package it can increase the risk of getting pneumonia....did you ever clear this issue up? hoping u get this although its three years later :(