Respiratory Disorders Community
Advair PRESCRIBED for pneumonia?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Advair PRESCRIBED for pneumonia?

My son, 14, was recently diagnosed with asthma. Soon after the diagnoses, he came down with a deep cough, and was diagnosed with "walking pneumonia." He has not had trouble breathing. But the cough was deep and consistent. A doctor prescribed an anti-biotic to fight the pneumonia, and Advair inhaler for breathing.

I did not realize a possible side effect of Advair was pneumonia until hearing about in a TV commercial. Looked online and see that's a definite risk.

My question is: Should my son be on Advair WHILE HE HAS pneumonia? My instinct says no.

Thanks
Concerned Dad