Respiratory Disorders Community
Advair substitute?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Advair substitute?

Advair is a drug taken by most COPD patients. Many if not all Medicare-related drug plans listed it as a Tier 2 drug in 2007. In 2008 all the plans I can find upped it to a Tier 3 drug, and require the doctor get authorization from the drug plan before the plan will cover ANY part of the cost. Both my wife and I take Advair, and this bump up to Tier 3 will add around $200 to our monthly out-of-pocket costs with the best of the drug plans (and far more with the high cost plans.)

Is there really a better drug than Advair for COPD, as the drug plans want us to believe, or must we go to overseas sources for affordable Advair?
Tags: copd