Respiratory Disorders Community
Advice for shortness of breath?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Advice for shortness of breath?

I have had a odd shortness of breath that I noticed as early of Febuary, 2012. It seemed to have come on very suddenly, definitely not a gradual process, during this time it was also accompanied by symptoms that seemed to me to be similar to an anxiety disorder, and general lethargy. Although I feel as though these symptoms are absolutely REAL, I don't completely feel like a type of anxiety disorder is out of question, even though that isn't really consistent with my personality, I know anybody can be affected. I seeked medical help from my primary care physician, who ordered a Chest X-Ray, and some blood work. During the process of completing this workup, I was hospitalized for  "Meckel's Diverticulum" (17 Y/O Male) I found myself in the ICU after excessive blood loss, and after and during my recovery I noticed my dyspnea had become nearly constant and more severe, and accompanied by PVCs, Palpitations, unexplained tachycardia, so instead of ending up with an appointment with a pulmonologist, I was referred to a cardiologist. After undergoing a myriad of tests, (Echo, stress test, chest CT, chest x-ray) my heart symptoms somewhat seemed to have subsided, and there weren't ever major problems  found. Now, months later, the shortness of breath has not seemed to get any better, Obviously I have had better and worse days/weeks, but for the most part, my condition has seemed stagnate. I go jogging and walking, and surprisingly do moderately well, all things considered, but even sedentary activity can make me feel out of breath. Mainly I am wondering if anybody has had similar experience, useful information, or advice. It has been rather debilitating, and would appreciate anything anyone may have to say(: Thank You!
I have the same things that u described on this post! I have been to the er more times then i can count! Could it be we have food allergies ? I started a journal with all the reactions or trouble breathing when i eat! Could u keep me posted?
Could be allergies, environmental ..are you outside a lot ? try taking Claritin see if it helps ..
Yes Beck, I will. Yes maybe I will try the allergy angle. My dad is a resp. therapist, don''t ever see him much but a few weeks ago I was visiting my grandparents and he was there (In Colorado) and we went up a mountain (10,000ft elevations) I used his pulse oximeter and I had a consistently low oxygen saturation (88-90) while my girlfriend was still  95-96. In Arizona, elevation about 500 feet, my sats are usually about 94-95. So that makes me think it's not entirely just "In my head" or something. Thank You.
I definitely will, I know how you must feel as well, feeling like you can't breathe, I think, is the worst sensation you could have...