Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
After effects of Tuberculosis...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

After effects of Tuberculosis...

Hi,
   I was diagised with acute TB one year back. I was under medication for 1 year. My latest X ray showed tht i have only some scars left and my pulmonologist said that it would clear in a few months on taking vitamin tabs( i dont remember clearly what he gave)
   Now my problem is hat i have difficulty while breathing in thr mornings. Also when i inhale oxygen, i feel like something is blocking my lungs. But am very normal during other times. Could this be an after effect of TB? or is it that am not cures..?? or could i have CANCER???
Am a 22 yr old guy with no smoking / drinking habits.
Also is TB hereditery (My mom had an infection whwn she was in college)
Pls guide me.. Am very scared!!!! :(
251132_tn?1198082422
After optimum treatment for acute TB, scars may be left.  This is of no consequence to your health as long as there is x-ray and sputum culture evidence that the TB has been cured.  Assuming that the TB has been controlled, your symptoms would not be an after-effect.  Lung cancer in a 22-year-old non-smoker is extremely rare.  Also it would be evident on your x-ray.  TB is not hereditary.  Ask your pulmonologist for an opinion regarding how, why and where you might have contracted this infection.  Also, stick with your pulmonologist for routine follow-up evaluations to be sure that the TB remains controlled.
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Scar was started.
Blank
A related discussion, tuberculosis- After effect was started.
Blank
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Allergy Tracker