Respiratory Disorders Community
Air in my air passage way.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Air in my air passage way.

hi! every late in the afternoon and until early in the evening, i feel like my air passage way somewhere in the middle of my chest feels like partial air is trying to come out and in. To best describe how i  feel is like imagine a straw that sipped a liquid from a glass and you see those separated liquid left on the sipped straw? i feel like my air passage way is like that during these periods of the day. I am a smoker again from the past 7 months after 11 years of quitting. No pains though, just irritating. Should i be concerned & what is it? thanks!
Tags: chest passage way, chest air, passage, ways, Chest, air
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If you are a smoker and have developed long standing lung infections/inflammation it can compromise your lung function.  Breathlessness/discomfort breathing could be due to the decreased lung function. To improve lung function practice breathing exercises and quit smoking.  Lung function tests could further help in evaluation. If the symptoms are getting worse or if you develop additional symptoms please consult your primary care physician.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.