Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Alternative oxygen materials (other than the usual PVC)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Alternative oxygen materials (other than the usual PVC)

Do you know where I can get oxygen materials, such as tubing, cannulas, oxygen masks, or CPAP masks, made out of materials other than PVC, silicone, or latex?  

I have been diagnosed with many of the diseases that are associated with silicone poisoning, because I had two ruptured silicone breast implants.  I had them removed as soon as I realized it, but my  body is still extremely sensitive to the fumes from PVC and silicone. Most oxygen materials are made out of PVC these days.  And,  PVC is one of the main ingredients in silicone.  

I have sleep apnea, but cannot find a CPAP mask that does not have PVC or silicone in it.  So, I am at least trying to use oxygen at night.  I found a stainless steel tube, but cannot find a cannula or mask to use with it, so I just prop it up on my pillow, which is inadequate, to say the least.  I recently discovered Teflon tubing, which I think would work just fine, but again, I have not been able to find a cannula or mask to use with it.  

Now, I desperately need to have a toe surgery, as well as two knee replacement surgeries.  But, of course no doctor will do surgery if I am unable to have oxygen during and after surgeries.

I have many neurological problems connected with the silicone problems, including Atypical MS and Peripheral Neuropathy.  So, when I use PVC,  it affects my brain a great deal.  I get angry and cry with no reason, and have a huge increase in neurological pain throughout my body. My nose and sinuses burn a lot, and, worst of all, my breathing rapidly worsens.  

Does anyone know of a cannula and a CPAP mask made out of something other than PVC?  

Thank you.

Bonniejay